Day 21 – A picture of something you wish you could forget.
I don’t want to ever forget anything. I live my life learning from my mistakes. For instance:
- Trust my instincts….if someone seems to be a jerk…leave them in the past, don’t contact them on MySpace, Facebook, by smoke signal or carrier pigeon….they will alway be a jerk and you are to run far, far away….
- Trust specific people…when Kenner calls someone walking bullshit…do not date them…they ARE walking bullshit.
- Trust your feelings….when you find someone who takes your breath away and you can’t catch it…marry them. In Iowa…
- When it comes to family…forgive.
- When it comes to money…don’t loan, give.
- Don’t keep score. It’s a waste of time and you come off looking petty. I spent years keeping score with the Respondent…I have learned to let that go…he won’t be anything more than he is and I won a long time ago…
- Love like there is NO tomorrow.
- Snorting WHILE laughing is awesome and the best ever. And you can NEVER laugh or smile enough.
- Lead by example…most won’t learn from listening, they will learn from watching and experiencing.
- Don’t be afraid to hug someone…you never know when they need it or for what reason…
I want to remember everything. Every word, every lyric, every walk in the sand, every “I love you!” I want to remember the joke, the punch line and the end of the movie.
I want to remember the hurts, the sorrow, the healing and the forgiveness. I don’t want to forget anything.
I have been blessed with an amazing memory and retention skills for all things useless….I can’t remember where I left my keys or to call the doctor (again!) before he comes and straps me down…but I can remember people, places, situations and I can change MY behavior. Maybe not theirs, but mine is all I am responsible for.
I have said it before…I wouldn’t change anything about my past….it led me to my present and is shaping my future. I wouldn’t have these memories if I changed one thing…
And I am REALLY digging where I am now….my life rocks!